Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bukowski Bluebird Birthday Booze Boy

San Pedro's own Charles Bukowski would have celebrated his 91st birthday today. Charles aka Hank was one crazy dude who definitely indulged in his fair share of booze, cigs and females. A poet, a writer, a novelist, a cult hero, the list goes on. Whatever title you want to roll with, the work of Bukowski will be praised for many years to come. I would never claim 'super fan' but I appreciate his skills with words/phrases etc. I can think of at least 2 or 3 people that I know who have a bluebird tattooed on their skin in his honor. I thought for a minute about walking over to Green Hills to look for his grave but then thought that was a bit much. Another day doggy. But thats what we have the Internet for, right? The "don't try" is pretty classic. Cheers!

No comments: