Tuesday, November 2, 2010

R.I.P. Andy Irons

I was a little late finding out about this tragedy. Hard to believe its true. AI was a talented cat. I never saw him surf in real life but I've seen plenty of videos to know the guy was a freaking shredder. Dengue Fever is no joke. The dengue and malaria were my main fears while I was traveling around South East Asia in 2001. I remember crying in fear one afternoon after realizing that I had over 20 mosquito bites on each of my legs after leaving the jungle in Cambodia. I was lucky none of those bites became life threatening but that still had me on edge during the rest of my travels.

The true sadness of this event is that Andy was only 32 and he left behind his wife and soon to be first child. I'm sort of at a loss for words. The good die young. Rest in peace brother.

No comments: