Thursday, July 11, 2013

Seven Eleven



A friend of mine who recently turned 33 was telling me that 33 is considered to be a mystical number, "you know like Club 33 at Disneyland dude." I really wasn't sure what he was talking about so I did some research. Apparently the number 33 has its share of stories... Jesus performed 33 recorded miracles, Bird/Kareem/Pippen all wore the number 33 with valiance and it is also the highest degree in the Scottish rite of Freemasonry.

I have always been stoked to say my birthday was on seven eleven. I am not a big fan of the actual store though and believe or not but I never gone to 711 to get a free slurpee. I am sure someone will remind me today that I can do that.

My kids are stoked about my birthday. I easily forget how powerful birthdays are in their little eyes. The cake, the presents, the celebration of all things...ME!

I can't help but look back on this past year. Look at my accomplishments and my failures. I still have yet to do anything substantial with the brand. Sure I have a few big things in production as I type but as usual I let my head/emotions dominate most of my decisions this year.

I wrote this blog entry on my birthday last year. I am obviously a rearview mirror thinker lately. At the time, I thought I did a nice job breaking down some of my most memorable birthday moments. I was asked about my 25th birthday today and for the life of me I could not remember what I did. Our conversation was mainly about birthdays after 25 not really having much significance. I think if I was in a better mood I could have argued that they just keep getting better but now that I have kids, I truly feel the age factor, I feel time passing faster and faster.

My expectations are low. I do not foresee any gifts or any surprises. Hello 33, I hope you treat me better than 32.

No comments: