Friday, August 30, 2013

full circle

I have been working on a writing piece for ______ and I find myself struggling. I know exactly what the F I want to say, I know exactly how I want to come across but something (ME) is getting in the way.

I went to college. I graduated from college. Yes I was a good student, damn near straight A's but always had that one B lingering in the mix. In college I wrote tons of papers, I killed at the bullshit format, convey the message, get it done type of shit.

Now as an adult, a single dad, a dude with a "unique look" as my son just said earlier....I rarely write. Sure I try to dabble in my thoughts on this blog but from my track record and my subject matter well it is like why even bother. No pressure, no expectations, no hype, no bullshit...I do it for ME. I keep the small flame, smaller than ever yet still lit.

Listening to tracks to feel inspired, to feel....its funny when I catch myself utilizing a "go to" catch phrase over and over. I have done this since I was a young child, I pick up on something and then apply it to everything. I still remember hearing "my bad" used for the first time and thinking that I would never use that ever. I still hate "my bad". But this week its "dare I say" and I don't even know where it came from but it stuck in my head and it wants to come out like after every 4th sentence. I was never this crazy. I know I know

No comments: