Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Our Name is Fun

The Format was an amazing band from Phoenix, AZ. My friend, Dave first introduced me to them when I was in college at SDSU. I was pretty much hooked when I heard the first track. The band was created by two long time friends, Sam Means and Nate Ruess. Their music was a unique blend of indie, folk, and alternative rock. I was fortunate to see them perform live in 2007 and I was clearly blown away by their stage show. The band went on hiatus in 2008 and I am still waiting for their return...

In 2009, Nate formed a new band, Fun. Naturally I was drawn towards them because if its one half of the Format so it has to be awesome. Fun is a feel good band who mixes indie folk musical pop rock. The US tour starts this weekend in NY and will be making a stop in LaLa land at the end of October. Rad.

No comments: