Thursday, November 7, 2013

Why

Hey,

I was thinking of doing a video blog but then I thought not today buddy…

So for years and years (est.2005 feels like ages ago) I have been plugging along with my idea, my thing, my boutique brand aka my passion project (great alliteration) but I really haven't had any huge success. The only one I blame is…myself. My list of reasons is a mile long, of course I lack ____ and I can't help but dabble in so many other things (working/parenting) that I don't justify why Cavotu should be more than a backseat passenger. first. Maybe I lack the selfish gene (is that a bad thing?) or maybe it is just fear/afraid of failure. At age 33, I have grown to embrace the life of the apathetic, on paper it sounds wonderful but reality is that it sucks. I care too much, I think too much yet I do too little (I do a lot) but I could always do more, (ugh more) I guess we all could…

This past six months, I decided to bump Cavotu up on my list of priorities. Why? Why now? Well why the fuck not. It has never made sense. Period. I am not going to lie and say that I was destined to be the next fashion guru in the apparel game. I enjoy art. I enjoy fashion. I still have an eye for style. I am tired of my own excuses. The time is now because I say so. The risk/the gamble (I miss gambling) is super gnarly but far better than the feeling of regret. 

As of today, I am still on schedule for a 11/12/13 release date. As I stare at the current mountain of boxes stuffed with "new" off in the distance, I just realized that I have not grabbed my own personal stash yet, as much as I am dying to wear a new fucking tee shirt, I hesitate, I wait patiently…as do you.

Steady the course…storms don't last forever.

No comments: