Tuesday, October 29, 2013

PW

#Cavotuesday


First thing that came to mind when I said "shit, I gotta write a blog before I leave the house" was the Pennywise anthem Same Old Story. Unfortunately I have not heard the song in ages but my mind is a wandering fool in this moment. Same old story as in forgetting to write blog entries, not because I am lazy, not because I have nothing interesting to say but just because I never make it a top priority. But in looking back at this month. I blogged 21 days out of 29 which is pretty good. So yeah, one of my goals was "blog every fucking day" in October so I failed but it was a strong effort if that counts for anything.

I am headed over to Santa Monica today to handle some business near the Santa Monic Civic Center which happens to be one of the first places or possibly the first place I saw Pennywise in concert. PW hails from Hermosa Beach and my memories/stories of all things PW are endless. But this show, I want to say August 1995, I was at the beach earlier in the day and busted up big toe to the point where I could barely walk, I would have normally went to the hospital right away but I had these PW tickets and that shit was the priority. I remember the intense pain and hobbling inside the venue with my friends, who instantly rushed the pit area to get their spots, I had no choice to but to hobble back to the seating area. It was a cool show but the energy in the back is completely different than being up in the front. The next morning I went to the hospital and got my toe taken care of. Stories like these I will never forget. I should write a fucking book, or maybe a blog, ha. Steady as she goes!

No comments: