Wednesday, October 2, 2013

America's Pastime

This last Sunday, I attended the final game of the regular season for the Los Angeles Dodgers. I am not a HUGE baseball fan in this stage in my life but I still follow the basic headlines/drama. I grew up on baseball. I never played as a kid but I was fortunate to attend hundreds of games during my childhood and teenage years because my parents always shared Dodgers season tickets with their friends/family. As an adult, I still enjoy the excitement of being in the stadium and watching the live game. But now that I am no longer drinking, trying to impress a lady and/or betting on the games...the whole sense of "fun" that I accustomed with going to the game is gone. I can't help but notice how expensive everything is and how boring the game can be during innings. I ruined it for myself. Associations are brutal, what can I say.

So the Dodgers ended up losing the game but on the bright side they still made the playoffs so their season continues. I have always enjoyed the day game experience because it is still a rarity, I would say 90% of the professional baseball games that I have attended have all been at night.

let's be honest here, I will never have enough money and enough time to justify it so I will just make it happen. Someday in the future I will plan a nice vacation getaway where I visit multiple ballparks in various cities. It will be nonstop baseball after baseball. Maybe then I will have an overpriced adult beverage in one hand, a beautiful non-bipolar female by my side and fat run line bet pending via my smart phone. Cheers to dreaming BIG. F yeah!

No comments: