Sunday, October 6, 2013

I am your Father

Today, I took my son shopping for a Halloween costume. Yes, it sure is easier to do this online but going to an actual Halloween store is a way cooler experience for the kids. When I was a young, I always struggled with the decision of choosing the right costume. They say the apple does not fall far from the tree...

When my son was a baby, I dressed him up in "cute" outfits from bumble bee to teddy bear to puppy. Two years ago he was set on being "Alpha Pig" a character from a cartoon called Super Why. I had to special order that online, but then a few days before Halloween he changed his mind so I had to beg for a refund/return. Handy Manny over ruled the pig so we had to rock that one. Last years choice was a no brainer, Venom and this year followed in the same path of black, darkness and evil aka Darth Vader. I am pretty sure the cool light saber was the factor that sealed the deal.

My daughter asked me what I was going to be, I failed to come up with a cool idea on the spot. I think I said something dumb like I'm a daddy and daddy is not dressing up this year. Their mother has dressed as a witch for the past several years, hopefully someday she will take off the costume and realize that its um April, May, June...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha some wear their costumes year round