Thursday, October 17, 2013

Well

I rarely make it out to see films in the theatre, not that I rent DVDs either. It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I don't make time for "media" so it doesn't come natural, like hey let's go sit in the dark for 2 hours and stare at a screen. It often feels like a waste of time no matter how amazing the film is.

I usually drag myself to see the movie that everyone can't stop talking about. I would say about 80% of the time I agree with the hype but sometimes I just don't connect, and this was one of those times. Gravity was ok, not as amazing as I hoped. I walked into to it blind as a bat, not knowing anything about the plot and have never even seen one preview. I appreciated the solitude theme, the talking to yourself, the drive to not give up and die today, funny how even if I didn't care for the film I still found ways that it related to my life.

Clooney is great at what he does, but I was bored with his typical blah blah jibber jabber. Bullock, never cared for her but she played a believable character. The theatre crowd was particularly rowdy and large groups of people were talking through out the film, super ghetto if you ask me.

Why did I bother?

I had just left a heavy weighted mind fuck situation. I just wanted to be distracted. My reality kills me at times. I get it as to why people watch TV/movies- to forget - to escape - to decompress.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: