Sunday, October 13, 2013

Here's Johnny

I am pretty sure I have raved about Johnny Cupcakes in the past but it has been some time since I talked about people in the industry who continue to inspire me. JC is definitely on the LIST!

Johnny is in a league of his own. A truly brilliant mind, I am blown away by his creativity. His cupcake bakery themed clothing company is so simple yet so clever. One has to assume that the people behind popular street wear, surf, skate apparel are just normal folks like you and me. But you never think they are the awkward nerdy kid from grade school who were somehow likable. That is the vibe I get from Johnny, a real genuine dude, doing what he loves and humbly rolling in the dough. I attended a JC college lecture a few years ago, the main takeaway was that Johnny never wasted a dime on booze, weed, woman, cigs anything. He obviously had different priorities but look how it paid off.

JC released their new crop of classic Halloween shirts this week. The fat kid design has really turned in to quite the signature character. Its fun, colorful and always festive.


JC also released the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collaboration a couple weeks back. Again we have the fat kid making another appearance in full costume. Shredder rules!

No comments: