Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hi My Name Is

I have been a fan of all things Blink 182 since their first record circa 1994, which is damn near two decades. Blink as a whole is rad but it is also pretty cool that each band member has his own independent clothing project going on as well. Tom Delonge holds it down steady with Macbeth, Travis Barker charges heavy with Famous Stars and Straps and Mark Hoppus recently joined the club with his label (Hi My Name Is Mark).

Hi My Name Is Mark is a clever apparel brand concept. The products seem simple enough with super soft black graphic tees with designs all centering around this octopus character. The thing I dig most about this label is that it bleeds Mark's personality and character, one can easily see that it is his brand and not just his name on it. Mark appears to be the one behind every aspect whether its the design, website copy and selecting the artists etc. I am sure it helps that Mark has tons of disposable income to just dump into whatever he wants. Not jealous or anything, but this business is expensive, especially if you want to produce a quality product.


I am excited to release this coming Cavotu collection (Nov 12th if all goes as planned). The past couple years of my life have royally fucked me up as a human being. I was never like this before (crazy) and its hard to imagine how I can get back to normal, yes it is all rather confusing.  Let me it be known that as much as I complain about the storm, I am still just as grateful for what I do have. I am thankful of those who still believe in my vision, my brand, my label, my passion aka my baby! 

No comments: