Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hella stoops


A friendly couple came into the restaurant today. They seemed a little awkward at first but new customers always tend to act a bit strange. She ordered a glass of house Red and he wanted a Bud. They chatted and laughed as they sipped their beverages. They just drove in from Utah and were visiting the Los Angeles area for some reason. I nodded but wasn't in the mood to play 'hey bartender, can I tell you my story' so I didn't ask any follow up questions but then out of the blue the lady said "Are fitted hats still in?"

I paused and thought about it for a second. My initial response was yes. Yes, fitted hats are still cool but.... Trends definitely come and go. I remember when the Flex Fits took off like crazy. Trucker hats hit hard. The five panel style has always been a staple but hasn't achieved any noteworthy success. Back to the lady, now she had me engaged so the conversation continued. The short version of the long was that she wanted to bring her son a gift from her vacation. She thought he would appreciate a fitted hat. Nice mom, go Utah!

I am not a huge hat guy but I still enjoy rockn a sick fitted from time to time. The last hat I purchased was from the Huf LA back in December. So LA, but totally dig the soft wool and simple color way. The first Cavotu hat project has been in the works for a few seasons now but I have yet to drop the hammer. Stay tuned brother!

No comments: