Saturday, February 6, 2010

Hey Hippy


I know quite a few heads who are involved in the fashion game. Start ups come and go but it's still amazing for me to watch a brand grow from a few stickers lacing the streets to lines down the drive for first picks at a release.

My inspiration often comes from my peers. I get stoked on checking out my fellow comrades to see what they will be dropping in future collections. I have never been the competitive type but I admit, it's awfully motivating by witnessing all this actualized potential.

I first made the connection between Andrew Sarnecki and the Hippy Tree logo while at a house party on the most auspicious of days, 4/20 of 2006. At the time, the label was still in it's early stages but Andrew told me that he was quitting his day job and committing himself full-time to grow the Hippy Tree. Since then, they have expanded their collection from a calendar featuring Andrew's photos to a wide variety of organic shirts, board shorts, hats, and sweatshirts. Tree huggers unite, nature is coming!

No comments: