Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bend it up


I knew Andy Jenkins lived in San Pedro, but I never realized until this morning, that he lives just up the street from my pad. Although we have not been formally introduced, our paths have crossed a number of times. My wife, just last year, was introduced to his, Ms. Kelley Hart. She happens to run a small business making homemade apparel for children. Sterling used to rock the Play hoody on the daily. I hope to someday officially meet Andy and maybe collaborate on a project. High hopes, keep reachin'.

Andy gets stoked on BMX, Watt, Bukowski and the Halos, just to name a few, hard to go wrong with that combination. Besides heading the art department @ Girl, Andy also dabbles in illustration and creating mix media paintings. A few pieces are up for sale on his site right now.

I'll admit I have not ridden my skate since my children have been born but I still appreciate the skateboard scene/culture. I found this movie trailer for Machotaildrop on Andy's blog, filmed in Hungary and (perhaps) coming soon to a theatre near you. Fun stuff indeed.

No comments: