Tuesday, December 13, 2011

a sunny place for shady people

I like fashion. I like watching trends. I enjoy the art of streetwear and modern menswear. However I have never been much of a shopper. I often over analyze fabrics and cuts to the point where I am just over it and end up leaving stores/malls empty handed. Yes that all sounds like a big waste of time which I totally agree but I got this sickness and I can't help it. So that is why I rarely engage in the act of shopping for clothes. I am not sure why I have this problem but it appears to be getting worse with age. My preferences/choices of what I think is cool also dwindling. Sure there are plenty brand names that I respect and admire but with those two words often comes a hefty price tag and in that case I just stay away. Maybe if I had more disposable income, I would waste it on high end fashion, not even high end but fashion in general. Yes, that would probably be the case. Damn that kind of sucks now that I think about it. F money...

For the past couple years I have been following this New York based brand, Acapulco Gold. AG was founded by two dudes who worked for the almighty Supreme. If you are familiar with anything related to Supreme then you know AG has to be fire or the odds are definitely in their favor. Ok so in my opinion, AG is fire, as their distinctive style mixes urban, street and high quality apparel. Plus they got that east coast NY edge. Unfortunately with the fire title also comes the dollar signs so I have yet to unload on any AG goods. Brand names like AG and Supreme fuel my motivation and drive for all things Cavotu. It really comes down to confidence and believing in your product. I know Cavotu is capable of shining. I also know the road is long but we are moving forward. Can't stop, won't stop, there's a status update for you.

The surf has been non existent lately but I still think about the ocean. Throwback Team Cavotu represent!

No comments: