Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Thanks Pete

I do not remember the first time I heard my first ska song but pretty sure I was hooked instantly. My friend, Pete was posting Skankin' Pickle lyrics on his FB today, which is rad because to my knowledge no one really listens to ska anymore. Or do they? Skankin' Pickle was one of my favorite bands during high school. Their sound was refreshing because it wasn't just punk or just ska, it was a combination of sounds just like the album title "skafunkrastapunk" stated.

I was fortunate to see Pickle in concert a couple times before they broke up. I even got meet and shake hands with Mike Park (HUGE big deal for me back then) at an outdoor ska festival. Mike Park was/is the man. I could write an entire blog/novel on my obsession with all things Mike Park but for now enjoy the music. I remember buying the Green Album on cassette from the local Wherehouse music store. The tape was on repeat in the Blazer, side A to side B, flip it.




These songs are freaking classic...

1 comment:

Joey Cavotu said...

4:20 for the green kids