Friday, July 23, 2010

Day Four = Vineland

Adrian has been my friend since 2005 although we have never met in person prior to Saturday. To some this may seem strange but in my life it is very normal. I was introduced to Adrian via Myspace by a mutual friend (Hello Amanda). Adrian was in the band Life Is Here which some of you may remember as being one of the original bands on Team Cavotu. LIH eventually disbanded and Adrian started a solo project. A's Rage is the future. Watch out for big things.
Vineland is the place where Adrian calls home. It's a small town in Southern New Jersey about a 2 hour drive south of New York. I took the train out of Penn Station and Adrian picked me up in the blackberry pearl g ride. It was a nice break from the city life and I was really looking forward to experiencing a so called normal Saturday in Adrian's shoes. I got the grand tour of the town, saw the Wawa store, the water towers, the secret bamboo forrest, grabbed a slice at the mall and stopped by the local coffee shop, Fuel House.
The rain eventually cleared up and we headed over to a pool party. Things were just getting started but they were expecting a crowd of over 100 people. Joe, the birthday boy, carved out a ridiculous shot luge out of a 300 pound block of ice. Power tools and red cups were all up in the mix. The alien head was this years theme with custom slots on each side for multiple glow sticks. One of Joes friends told me that the shot luge was invented in New Jersey, I couldn't help but smile.
I wish I could of stayed longer to witness my first A's Rage performance but I had to bounce back to New York to catch an early flight out in the morning. Vineland is pretty cool. thanks again Adrian and Ashley, good times. Adios East Coast, I'll see you in a few years.

No comments: