Friday, July 20, 2012

Over Me

I found myself watching TV today, and for the record I never watch TV. I totally planned on purchasing this huge flat screen for my pad like 5 years ago but ended up getting screwed around by the TV place. Bottom line was that I never got my TV and never got motivated to buy another one. Life is better without TV. Period.

Ok so it might sound odd when I tell people I do not own a TV but I really don't miss it. Today I was lurking around my parents house and I turned on CNN to watch the Batman fiasco. I could only handle a few minutes of it. Not to say the tragedy is insignificant, stuff like that is really disturbing and scary. Just too much overall.


I think about death a lot lately. I think about cars losing control on the street and crashing into me as I am walking. I have been walking around more than usual. I used to enjoy walking but now I'm indifferent.

I was inside a movie theatre during a major earthquake. It felt so surreal as the floor and walls were moving. I can't even imagine what it would be like to witness the homeboy shooting spree.

I remember lining up around the block to see the original Batman in 1989. I was so excited, I even wore my favorite Batman shirt. I know those movie watchers were super excited to be the first to see the latest installment in the Batman series. I have always admired the Gotham city saga. Whatever age, it's just super cool and everyone agrees. I will most likely see the film once the crowds simmer down.

I got super sidetracked on my original purpose of this blog. My intent was to ramble on about the Laguna Beach MTV show but now I'm burnt. Peace.

No comments: