Monday, July 9, 2012

The Palmer Squares

I appreciate all genres of music especially as I get older. I couldn't stand the whole rave/dance electronic music ish when I was back in college. Despite the fact that my girlfriend was totally into that scene. I refused to buy in, I always thought maybe it had something to do with that fact that I wasn't on E. But drugs don't make the music good or do they? Call me a hypocrite or call me someone who as evolved in their musical palate but I found myself searching for random EDC artists/djs a few minutes ago.

Tastes evolve, our palates change. I remember I used to hate tomatoes and now I freaking munch down on them like apples. Crunch crunch. Styles grow on us, just as trends come and go. I like to consider myself someone who has an eye for that kind of thing. Not necessarily the trend setter but the one who stops for a minute, notices something is brewing and says "whoa this going to blow" and BOOM! 3 months later everyone and their mother in the clothing game is doing snap back hats. Yep, I called it. FYI the first Cavotu hat was a corduroy snap back and not a trucker. Fully customized from the brim to the very last stitching detail. Anyone can buy a blank and slap a logo, yes.

Back to the message at hand. The youth of tomorrow definitely have a way better grasp on what's on and poppn'. Earlier tonight I stumbled upon these dudes from Chicago, the Palmer Squares. Turns out they are playing a free show in San Pedro on Sunday. I said it before, and I will probably say it again- see ya in the pit!


No comments: