Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fun socks

Random conversations with random people often spark great ideas, I know this is not some amazing world changing theory but its damn true. During one of our daily therapy sessions for my son, his therapist mentioned that her boyfriend was making some socks for his future clothing line (so Rob Kardashian of him). I was instantly tuned in, socks huh, I forgot about the socks, maybe the socks are the answer, the spark that I need to get the fire going...

I actually wear sandals like 24/7, not just any sandals but brown leather Rainbows. I am a creature of habit. I designed my first pair of Cavotu socks in 2009, had them manufactured here in the USA and never released them until November 2011 (you can read more about those HERE).

So the sock idea wheels started turning and I began the design process. Design for me equals tons of colors, starting off with random freehand drawings, then comes the markers and the color show continues from there. The final product for this round was these gems...



Still nameless and ready for some cool packaging, naked in their pure form but they will be ready for release soon...time to turn some heads....its been a while but thanks for riding with me. Cheers!

No comments: