Monday, September 23, 2013

The Hat Game

I have never been a "hat guy". I blame my childhood and the fact that I never played little league like most young dudes growing up. I can recall rocking beanies when we visited the snow but I never wore baseball hats, even refused costumes with head pieces for Halloween. My own son has issues with wearing things on his head, being that he is so fair skinned I have to force him to wear a hat when we are outdoors, he is ok with it now but I am pretty sure I never wore hats with as much regularity as him when I was 5 years old.

Here at Cavotu, we are always thinking about ways in which we can add more depth to our apparel line. Obviously this fashion game is expensive. My creative ideas are always beyond the actual budget but I can't help it. I want to dream. I want to hope. Did I say I want to dream?

In the past we have offered seasonal collections with mens tee shirts, female shirts, sweatshirts, jackets and even socks but never hats.  New Era still believes that Cavotu is too small and a few other options just never worked out until recently. Yes, I finally worked a hat deal and I am pleased to say that we will be dropping some heaters soon.

Now as much as I love the fitted hat game, it is really hard to pull off being a small fish in the industry so I went ahead with fully customized snapbacks and they came out great. My inspiration came from baseball, yes a sport that I never played yet I enjoy watching for some odd reason. Yes, I am a Dodger fan, not a bandwagon fan. I have bled blue for years but there are quite few ball clubs that I have always admired and respected, Oakland being one of them. I always show love to the Bay.... but seriously- F the Giants.


I need to surround myself with new products every day because it sure helps my motivation. Stoked on these hats!

No comments: